PDA

View Full Version : Vergelijkende test Minardi-Arrows

Scapa
17-09-2003, 00:02
Arrows chassis impresses Minardi in test

Team conducts back-to-back comparison at Mugello

Minardi boss Paul Stoddart is enthused by the development potential of the 2002 Arrows chassis, after Jos Verstappen and Nicolas Kiesa completed a back-to-back comparative test of the machine with the team's current PS03 car at.

The Arrows chassis, renumbered the PS04 by the team, lapped within 0.2s of the pace of the PS03 at the Mugello circuit in Italy, and the team has admitted that it is likely to form the basis of the team's 2004 car.

"The team has done a useful day's testing here in Mugello with the PS03 and PS04," said Stoddart. "Ultimately, there was nothing in the lap times between the two cars, but it is clear there is substantial development potential in the PS04. We will now return to the factory and analyse the data we've gathered, which will help us decide the direction we are going to take with our 2004 car."

Kiesa was enthused by the grip the PS04 offered. "When I ran on a new set of tyres, it was immediately obvious that the level of grip is absolutely amazing," he said. "I don't think I've ever felt as much grip in a race car in my life. The handling of the car was consistent and didn't degrade over the run, although the PS03 was very good to drive here as well."

Verstappen was pleased with the test, but reckoned more time was needed for a full evaluation.

"I think this was a good test," he said. "It would have been useful if we could have spent a bit more time with the PS04 chassis in order to find a better set-up, as we started the day without really knowing anything about the car. To be honest, one day is really not enough time to carry out a thorough comparison, but it is a good start."

bron: autosport.com
--------------------------

Daar heb ik maar één ding op te zeggen: HAAAHAAA :D

Finish
17-09-2003, 00:30
Mja, ergens klopt dit toch niet eh. Een wagen van vorig jaar die bijna sneller gaat dan een wagen van dit jaar. Revolutionaire Arrows, of een misbaksel van een PS03 ? (ik gok op het laatste :) )

redje
17-09-2003, 10:42
Originally posted by Finish
Mja, ergens klopt dit toch niet eh. Een wagen van vorig jaar die bijna sneller gaat dan een wagen van dit jaar. Revolutionaire Arrows, of een misbaksel van een PS03 ? (ik gok op het laatste :) )
Lange tijd geleden heb ik gehoord dat de PS03, gewoon de PS02 of PS01 was.

TYRI F1
17-09-2003, 13:08
neuh, ps01 heeft een hele spitse neus. verschil tussen de ps02 en 03 week nie direct op te noemen...

Bart.Vandecavey
17-09-2003, 20:04
Originally posted by TYRI F1
neuh, ps01 heeft een hele spitse neus. verschil tussen de ps02 en 03 week nie direct op te noemen...
De gaten van de motor hebben ze dichtgemaakt met mastiek en andere gaten geboord...

redje
18-09-2003, 00:12
Originally posted by Bart.Vandecavey
De gaten van de motor hebben ze dichtgemaakt met mastiek en andere gaten geboord...
Da heb ik ook gelezen.

TYRI F1
18-09-2003, 00:54
das wel heel erug. achja wat doe je eraan...

TiBo
20-09-2003, 13:34
De Arrows is een doorontwikkeling van de wagen die door Sergio Rinland werd ontworpen.
Vooral de voorwielophanging is daarbij revolutionair. Kijk maar eens naar wat Newey met het concept op de McLaren heeft gedaan.

Daarbij komt nog eens dat na het wegvallen van Brunner het aerodynamicadepartement van Minardi in een groot zwart gat is gevallen.

Dus beide kloppen: de Arrows was/is goed en de Minardi is ondermaats.